A Day Of Miracles

In my fifth year of college, (and yes in case you are wondering, that year did not go as well as the previous four) I lived in an apartment alone. Six hundred miles away from family without a phone or internet service was enough to make one lonely, but in addition to the situation, the college I was attending was hosting a Valentine's banquet and I was not able to be part of it (though it was not for lack of trying!). I decided that night in the quietness of the apartment, with no one around besides God and me, to wait on His best for my life and not be frustrated by my singleness. After all, if God wanted me to be married, then it would happen, and He would have someone specifically picked out for me.  
                I decided to write a song to express my inner feelings and so I wrote a duet for my future wife and me. Little did I know that 3 1/2 years later at my wedding my wife, Sarah, and I would sing the song. We prerecorded it the night before and had it played during the unity candle portion of the wedding. The following is the song that God gave me - but I must not take credit for the arrangement of it. It was written for the guitar and my sister Danielle who is also playing the piano for us in the recording transposed it for the piano.
               I hope it will be a blessing to you. God brings us through trying times so that we can be blessings to others (Rom. 8:28)



Comments

  1. Beautiful story and beautiful song, Jonathan. Thank you for sharing this. Looks like this story has a happy ending!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment